Our commitment to sustainable development
At Get Set Hire, we’re committed to sustainable development (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) as a guiding principle.
Because looking after the environment is an integral part of this commitment, our aim is to reduce the environmental impact of our operations. So we’ve worked with AdGreen to develop and supply sustainable products. We’re also Albert accredited suppliers, who work with closely with BAFTA to progress the cause for zero carbon film and TV production.
Inspired by the work of Zero Waste Living Principles we’ve put together the following sustainability action plan.
Our sustainability action plan
Refuse – what we don’t need
- We don’t purchase products in plastic when we can get them in other packaging
- We don’t repackage items in plastic when we can use a re-usable or biodegradable option
- We ask clients to think about the packaging they’re using before sending, especially around the use of polystyrene
Review – each product we hire out
- We look at how it arrives in the warehouse
- How it’s looked after, cleaned and kept
- How it’s disposed of at the end of its life
Reduce – sales in landfill bound products
- We create and develop viable alternatives to reduce the purchase of plastic products bound for landfill
- We promote water coolers as an alternative to plastic bottles
- We actively reduce sales of Correx by promoting and offering Ram Board and location matting as suitable sustainable alternatives
- We only supply compostable paper cups, never plastic or polystyrene
Reuse – This is what we do! Hire, don’t buy
Rehome – what we can’t reuse
- We use Freecycle and eBay when our products are tired and don’t pass our quality control but still have something to give. We try to find it a new home, where it can continue to do its job
- We encourage productions to donate food to City Harvest and other food re-homer collections
Recycle – what we can’t rehome
Replace – with better alternatives
- Our new Nestor mirrors are built with LED technology
- Our Hollywood mirrors use LED technology
- Ram Board and water coolers replace Correx and plastic water bottles
- By offsetting the carbon we use, we aim to mitigate our carbon footprint
- By using 100% renewable electricity we know our energy is sustainable
Relief – for those creating change
- We support the Central Office of Public Interest and their efforts to raise awareness and create change
- We donate to the Coalition for Rainforest Nations. We also donate £1 for every completed customer satisfaction survey. So if you’re a customer let us know what you think. You’ll be helping us and the rainforest.
- We support Fareshare who fight food poverty and food waste.
Repay – the loyalty of our customers
- Having made their own films, Paul and Bryony understand how hard it can be to get your special project made. We’re happy to help in any way we can.
- We have a yearly review of our sustainability policy to ensure our actions remain robust.