Get Set Hire primarily provides behind the scenes equipment to the Film Industry, but that is not to say that you need to be part of the Film Industry to use us. Opening an account is easy, just drop us an email and we will send you our account opening form. Account opening can be instant for cash accounts and we aim to have all credit accounts up and running within 24 hours.
Our phone lines are answered throughout the day by our helpful and knowledgeable Production Support Team and we provide an ‘out of hours’ phone service for live jobs that need urgent attention. (Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring).
We offer a comprehensive any time, any place delivery service - prices for this vary so please get in touch for an accurate quote. Alternatively, you can collect and return equipment yourself from our warehouse in London W3 or use your own courier, all we ask is that blankets and tie offs are used to protect the equipment.
At Get Set Hire we take our social and environmental responsibilities seriously by always seeking to offer sustainable alternatives to normal practices where ever possible, we also aim to grow our charity donation budget year on year and contribute to local and international organisations.
COVID-19 Working Practices
The safety of our staff and customers is of paramount importance. At Get Set we understand that we have an important role to play to help prevent the spread of the disease and are undertaking all necessary measures. For a full breakdown of our working guidelines please see our Covid-19 risk assessment. Also here are some useful and well researched shooting guidelines from PACT.
Delivery & Collection
- Our drivers wear gloves and a mask for each new location and thoroughly hand sanitise in between each delivery.
- All our drivers have completed a COVID-19 pandemic risk awareness course.
Radios & Coverts
We know that some customers have questions about the use of radios and coverts during this period.
- All radios and batteries are thoroughly sanitised after every hire, where possible we also allow a waiting period of 72 hours between hires to further reduce the risk of contamination
- All coverts are thoroughly cleaned, where possible we also allow a waiting period of 72 hours between hires to further reduce the risk of contamination
- Covert ear buds are always single use
- Brand new coverts are available for sale so that crew can, if they wish, purchase their own for all future uses.
- As our radios always come with a spare battery for each handset – wiping down with a damp paper towel using normal cleaning products at the point of handover for recharging is all that is required to follow the current guidance.
- Our radios and cases have wipeable stickers for numbering or naming your radios (please only use the 'Sharpie' pen provided) to enable you to assign a radio to a crew member for the entire job.
Storage & Product Deliveries
We offer long and short-term storage solutions right next door to Black Island Studios, please call for details. We can also accept product deliveries on your behalf, including chilled or frozen food, which we can then deliver to set for you when it's needed.
At Get Set Hire we can provide your Food Stylist's with various solutions when they need a kitchen on location. Click here or call the office for further details on our Mobile Kitchen.
Shoot Essentials Checklist
Here is a handy checklist of popular items, remember there is a lot more on this website but this list will help make sure nothing is missed!
With the help of AdGreen we have created this list of sustainable alternatives to some of our products along with some advice on how to make your shoot greener. We are always working to find more sustainable solutions, so watch this space for more products.
- Ram Board – Made from 100% recycled card this is a credible alternative to Correx; it's especially quick for covering large areas. Order with its own 100% recyclable seam tape.
- Water Coolers – Hire a water cooler for your tea table and each 19 litre water bottle will eliminate the need for 38 “single use” plastic bottles on your shoot! PM’s often order one pack of bottles and then insist the crew refill their named bottle throughout the shoot. Each 19 litre bottle is reused an average of 10 times before being recycled itself saving 380 individual bottles from being used.
- Paper Cups & Glassware – Go one step further and eliminate the need for any plastic bottle waste by using either of these options.
- Pin Board – We all know that every piece of polystyrene is going to outlast humanity by a bizzilion years, try and use just one less sheet on your shoot by hiring a reusable pin board for your story board.
- Grass Protection Mats – How do you protect the grass under that agency rain tent in the back garden? Correx or tarpaulin end up in the waste pile at the end of the shoot. Grass protection mats come back to GSH to be hosed down and sent out again and again.
- Separate Waste Bins – Every shoot is unique and will have its own method for disposing of its waste at the end of the day. One thing is certain though; whatever goes in a black bag goes straight into a landfill. Give your waste the chance of being recycled by separating the clean plastic and paper into clear plastic bags. We can supply a double bin set and the signage to help crew determine what goes where.
- Nespresso Recycling – Did you know you can return your used Nespresso Pods to us for recycling? Just pop them in the bag that comes with your machine.